I want to be able to initiate real paste event when user clicks a button. I can understand this may be a security issue, because if any webpage had access to users clipboard, that would be bad. So I thought all browsers disallow accessing clipboard data.
But for example in google docs (in the word-like application), I can Paste from custom context menu (right mouse click on a html element pretending to be a context menu), even if the clipboard data has been copied to clipboard in different application like Microsoft Paint.
I thought they do it using flash, but it still works even if I completely disable flash in chrome. There was a question about this already, but the answer mentioned there is not correct.
I know how to access the clipboard data if user presses Ctrl+V on my webpage. But how to access the clipboard data (eg. a bitmap copied in mspaint) in javascript (or using jquery) when user just clicks a button or div?