Accessing a static variable and setting it outside the class

Here is a SubtitleCustomField class.

Class SubtitleCustomField: CustomCellField {
static var CellIdentifier: String!

  override init(frame: CGRect) {
  super.init(frame: frame)
  if CellIdentifier == "A" {
   //DO SOMETHINIG
  } else if CellIdentifier == "B" {
  //DO SOMETHING
  }

  }
}

Outside SubtitleCustomField class, I basically need to access static variable CellIdentifier, set value like "A", and trigger if statement to run.

In another class, Custom class, I've confirmed that I can access the static variable, Cell Identifier, in a following way:

Class Custom: CustomViewController {
     SubtitleCustomField.CellIdentifier = "part1_subtitle"
}

I face a problem at this point. In SubtitleCustomField class, I get an error on if CellIdentifier == "A" saying

Static member 'CellIdentifier' cannot be used on instance of type 'SubtitleCustomField'

What would be the best approach I can use to achieve what I want? In summary, I want to set CellIdentifier variable outside 'SubtitleCustomField' and trigger if statement with the value I set in 'SubtitleCustomField' class.


Click here view more answers http://ift.tt/1PwiBi9